ChristianCourses.com (CC) values the privacy of our website visitors. We have created this privacy statement in order to disclose information gathering and dissemination practices for this website. This privacy statement was last updated on October 31, 2011.
Information collected on this site will be used according to the following guidelines:
1. Contact Us. We use e-mail links located on various areas of the site to allow you to contact us directly with any questions, comments, or requests you may have. This information is used to respond to your questions, comments, and requests. We may also file your comments to improve the site and program, or review and discard the information. We do not sell any information to third parties.
2. Logged Files and Cookies. When you log onto the Internet, your ISP automatically assigns an IP address to your computer. Web servers identify your computer by its IP address, and we use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our website, and to constantly improve the value of the materials available on the website. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable.
CC may collect individually identifiable information (such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number) from all who purchase products offered in connection with ChristianUniversityGlobalNet or ChristianCourses.com. The information is used to (a) deliver products and services; (b) analyze and monitor visitor and customer activity; (c) promote and support the products and services offered; (d) help plan the future development of the site and the products and services offered; and (e) develop a knowledge base regarding website users and customers.
a. We have entered into agreements with trusted agents and business members who provide support services and equipment necessary for CC to provide their products and services. We may share data with these agents and business associates. By example only, if you make a purchase from us, the information you provide will be collected by our processing agent, and your credit card information will be provided to our credit card processor so that we can complete the sale.
b. If you enroll in a course, we may collect information about you that is shared with the course instructors and fellow students who have enrolled in that course. Please do not submit information that you do not wish to have shared. Additionally, information about your courses, test results, and progress is stored in the CC database and is available to you and to the administrators of the site. Your course records and test results are available to you as a student after you login and create a CC account. If for any reason you are unable to access your records, please contact us.
c. Occasionally, we may send out course surveys for student feedback on the course, course management system, faculty, etc. This information will be used by us to improve our products and services.
d. We may be required to disclose personal information by applicable law or in connection with the enforcement of contract or property rights. We are a not-for-profit organization and will not sell or give your personal information to anyone, except that we may share the information with a subsidiary company or our parent corporation for purposes relating to the operation of CC and CC’s provision of educational services and products to you.
4. Security. Protecting your privacy and your information is a top priority at CC. We use commercially reasonable means to protect the integrity of our website and the confidentiality of collected data. Our employees are aware of our privacy and security policies. However, we cannot provide absolute assurance against, and will not be liable for, any breaches of confidentiality due to system failures or unauthorized access by third parties. Due to the nature of the internet and the risks inherent to the medium, it is not possible to guaranty against all potential misuses of information sent electronically. By using the internet to send to and retrieve information from CC, you are accepting the risks of doing so.
5. Restrictions. The CC website is intended for users who are 18 years of age or older. If you are not 18 years of age or older, do not submit any information to us. We do not knowingly collect information on individuals younger than 18 years of age.
6. Update User Information. Reasonable access to personally identifiable information will be provided within 60 days at no cost to the user. If access cannot be provided within that timeframe, we will provide the user a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
7. Links. The site contains links to other websites. We encourage you to visit these websites to learn about their privacy policies as theirs may differ from ours. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of any website you may visit.
8. LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF REMEDIES.
a. CC reserves the right to change this policy as required by applicable law or as otherwise deemed appropriate by CC without providing you with advance notice of our intent to so amend the policy. Notice of any change to this policy will be posted on our website under the Privacy updated notification so CC encourages you to review it often.
b. This policy is not a contract between CC and the user.
c. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: USER’S PROVISION OF INFORMATION AND USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND INTERNET COMMUNICATION WITH CC IS AT USER’S OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. CC MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED. CC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR FOR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY CC.
CC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY USER LOSS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOST BUSINESS, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR LOSS OF USE) LOST DATA, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT LIMITED TO ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO CC’S RECORDS, PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE). USER ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF USER’S PROPERTY. CC DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT. USER HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY CLAIM AGAINST CC WITH RESPECT TO CONTENT AND ANY CONTENT USER PROVIDES TO THIRD PARTY SITES (INCLUDING CREDIT CARD AND OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION).
CC MAY, FROM TIME TO TIME, PROVIDE INFORMATION, DATA, OPINIONS OR OTHER CONTENT FROM THIRD PARTIES. ANY SUCH INFORMATION, DATA, OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT CC’S INFORMATION, DATA, OPINIONS OR OTHER CONTENT AND SHOULD NOT BE DEEMED OR INFERRED TO BE AN ENDORSEMENT BY CC.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS CC’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON OR EXCLUDE OR RESTRICT ANY LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OR FRAUD OF CC. IF ANY PART OF THIS EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES SHOULD, FOR ANY REASON, BE CONSTRUED BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE, ALL OTHER PROVISIONS SHALL REMAIN IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT AND BE CONSTRUED SO AS TO MAKE THIS EXCLUSION ENFORCEABLE TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
9. Applicable law. The parent corporation of CC is Christian University GlobalNet which is a non-profit corporation formed pursuant to the laws of the State of Michigan and licensed as an online university in the State of Colorado. Additionally, CC is affiliated with RBC Ministries, a non-profit corporation formed pursuant to the laws of the State of Michigan. To the extent applicable to a private, non-profit educational entity, CC and CUGN comply with the privacy laws of the States of Michigan and Colorado and the United States of America. At present, CC does not accept funding from the United States Department of Education or related programs thereto and is, therefore, not subject to the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). CC is not subject to the privacy laws of any other jurisdiction.
© Copyright ChristianCourses.com and RBC Ministries. All rights reserved.