Course Number: OT313
Former Professor of Old Testament at the Philadelphia Bible Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Throughout the Old Testament, prophecy remained an important vehicle used by God to communicate with His people. Set during the Babylonian captivity, Daniel records one of the most difficult times in Israel’s history—her deportation and exile from the Promised Land. Yet during even the darkest times, God’s faithfulness was apparent. Dedicated to obeying God’s Law, Daniel became an advisor to the Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar and a messenger of God. In this course, Strauss guides students through the historical and cultural backgrounds of the book while exploring possible interpretations of Daniel’s prophecies.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Grasp the message of Daniel.
- Understand the importance of prophecy in the Old Testament.
- Identify possible interpretations of Daniel’s prophecies.
- Understand the books’ relevance for today.
- Apply the books’ message to life and ministry.