Course Number: WM501
Global Ambassador for the World Evangelical Alliance in Austin, Texas
God has one unified, global purpose for all He does. This course introduces the exciting biblical, historical, cultural, and strategic dimensions of His plan. It addresses key issues: the basis of and necessity for world missions, and the status of and plan for world missions. Students are introduced to the basics they need to pursue missionary training or to help lead their local church in its global ministry.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Articulate a foundational biblical theology of world missions.
- Be aware of the scope of God’s worldwide church and the needs, dangers, tensions, and trends in world missions today.
- Evaluate contemporary strategies for completing the task of world missions.
- Develop a balanced missions program for the local church and lead that church in global outreach.
- Respond to worldwide needs by pursuing lifelong personal involvement as a “sender” or a “sent one.”